Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Little Food Lover

Amelia didn't have her first taste of solids until she was about six and a half months old.  She had mashed bananas. I assumed Graham would follow her lead and start at about the same time.   Boy, was I wrong!  I have heard that babies will "tell" you when they are ready for food.  I thought this was crazy talk...until I saw my boy in action.  This little guy goes nuts when he sees us eat.  He grabs our plates, steals handfuls of food, knows how to use a spoon, and screams at the top of his lungs when we are eating and he isn't.  I have been giving him small licks of fruit here and there and he loves it!  I even put some fruit in one of those mesh contraptions for him to snack on while we eat....I swore I'd never use one of those!!  Yesterday, he refused to nurse because he was too interested in grabbing at the toast I was eating.  I assume he was trying to tell me something so I headed to the kitchen and mashed up a banana for him.  Big sister wanted in on the action too and together we fed G his first meal....bananas of course.  I have a feeling this guy is going to have quite the appetite!









3 comments:

  1. sooo cute! and he looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured this special moment beautifully! love that they both had the same first meal :)

    ReplyDelete