Saturday, December 22, 2012

Slow down...

I need to find the magic button...you know the one...it stops time from passing...

This sweet boy is growing up way too fast!


Seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant.
Actually, it was just about a year ago, a little after Christmas.

Where does the time go?

Fast forward a year.

Soon we will have a four month old and a two and a half year old.

Please time....stop moving!

In only six short months, I will have two toddlers.  I will never be the mama of a newborn again.  This is very bittersweet for me.  On one hand, watching your child turn into a mini-person is simply amazing...on the other hand, watching your baby slowly slip away is heartbreaking.

I have been working on slowing down and savoring moments....and for those of you who know me, know that is extremely challenging.  The type A, add, hyperactive, multi-tasker in me can always find something that needs to be done.  A dish to be washed, clothes to be folded, a counter that needs wiping, closets to be organized.  It is in these times that I have to remind myself of time and how it is passing so quickly.   It is in these times that I have to pause...sit down with my babies, cuddle, read, just be.  Because that's more important than a clean counter.

Look how much this sweet boy has grown already.

He really does have quite the personality too!

At almost four months, Graham...

  • loves to hear his own voice and talk to his reflection
  • is a very happy baby
  • loves being held
  • will fall fast asleep as soon as he's put in the Ergo
  • is mellow and easygoing
  • almost always has a hand in his mouth
  • loves to cuddle
  • smiles BIG as soon as he hears his sister's voice
  • likes to pull my plate towards him as I am trying to eat
  • is a mama's boy
  • is SO loved



2 comments:

  1. Live in the moment, savor the minutes for it is the only way to live life without regret or remorse. For at the end of our days, there will always be a load of wash, a counter to clean, or an errand to run. Best advice I was ever given. Guess that explains why my house is never clean! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would ever get anything done with that adorable little face smiling at me! He is sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete