Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sick Days

Having two sick babies at home means major isolation for mama.  Amelia and Graham have been sick since Monday and other than one solo trip to the store and one family trip to the doctor, I haven't been out of the house at all.  I am usually out running one of my many errands.  Getting out of the house is a necessity for me.  It also helps Amelia who tends to get a bit stir crazy when cooped up at home for too long.

This week has been different. 
I hate having sick babies. 
It is heartbreaking to hear baby G coughing like someone who has smoked for a lifetime, coughing so hard that he makes himself puke. 



It is heartbreaking to watch usually spunky little A sleeping on the couch all day, waking up only to moan or cry. 

Heartbreaking.


Even Oliver was under the weather...




That being said, between coughs, moans, and cries, there is something strangely calming about staying home with sick kids.  

It's quiet...
It's peaceful...
It's cozy...

It feels good knowing my only responsibility is to stay home and make sure my kids get better.  There has been lots of medicine dispensing and runny nose wiping.  Most importantly, there has been lots and lots of relaxing and snuggling.  I may or may not have let both of them sleep in my bed when daddy was at work last night.  

Thankfully, both Amelia and Graham seem to be on the mend....although, I think we'll enjoy one more sick day at home just to make sure.




  

  

1 comment:

  1. You nailed it! I love curling up in my jammies and watching a few extra cartoons on sick days.

    ReplyDelete